Parish Mission Statement
To improve the spiritual engagement of our people by
- Providing support, training and resources to existing catechetical and prayer groups
- Finding new ways to engage people in sharing their faith
- Exploring spirituality in a creative way
- Increasing the number of parishioners exercising ministries in the Parish
- Ensuring that the housebound, elderly and sick of the Parish are catered for.
To improve the engagement of our youth and children by
- Recognising that our youth and children are the future of the Church
- Providing the support, encouragement and freedom to allow them to explore, discuss and grow in their faith
- Challenging them to explore and use the gifts given to them by the Holy Spirit
- Encouraging them to be proactive in their faith journey and Parish life
- Fostering in them a sense of belonging to the Parish community.
To improve the range of our social activities by
- Providing regular and creative social opportunities for parishioners to meet, build community and strengthen their sense of belonging
- Encouraging and welcoming new parishioners and those who may feel excluded.
To improve communication by
- Aiming to inform, educate, support and promote the development of the Parish community
- Increasing the level of awareness of Parish activities
- Enabling information to be accessed in different ways, in particular using new media where appropriate
- Ensuring that contact details for Parish groups, organisations and co-ordinators are readily available
- Improving communication between Parish groups.