St Peter & St Paul’s Parish – Social Committee Meeting
Date: 27th January 2016
Present: Fr Simon
Apologies: Joyce Hellman
Colleen welcomed everyone and explained the purpose of the meeting was to plan the Social events for this year.
- Purpose of Events
We recapped on the points to consider when we are organising events and noted the following:
- Events should accommodate all age groups within our Parish
- We should be aware of the time of events for accessibility (day/evening/weekends)
- We should actively seek, welcome and encourage new helpers wanting to join our team.
- Prior to each event we must decide on whether the emphasis is on fundraising or purely a social occasion.
We discussed ways of communicating each event to the Parish and concluded the following:
- Minutes of each meeting should be displayed in the narthex on the notice board
- Approaching events should be advertised on the bulletin
- Minutes could be added to the website, once emailed through to the Parish Office
- The annual diary sheet to be completed and distributed at all masses.
- Calendar for 2016
Notes for diaries
Date Day Event Contact
17th March Thursday 7pm set up for St Pat’s Colleen
19th March Saturday St Pat’s Parish Event Colleen
20th March Sunday Easter Crafts Vicky
27th March Sunday Easter Egg Hunt Marianne
16/23 April Saturday Century Club Draw & Quiz Sharon/Charles*
19th May Thursday 7pm set up for Craft Fair Colleen
21st May Saturday Craft Fair Colleen
19th June Sunday Parish Event Colleen*
3rd July Sunday Blessing of Pets Pauline
24th November Thursday 7pm set up hall for Christmas Fayre Colleen*
25th November Friday Set up stalls for Christmas Fayre Colleen*
26th November Saturday Christmas Fayre Colleen*
* SEE BELOW FOR FURTHER UPDATE
Colleen to confirm with Albert re SVP Party and Call my Bluff evening
Colleen to check with Sue re Parish event the number of new parishioners to our parish since 2013
Times of events to be confirmed once agreed nearer the event date.
Any further events can be brought to the next meeting.
The PPC meeting took place following the Social Meeting and some dates were revised as follows:
16 April Saturday Century Club Draw & Quiz Sharon/Charles
12th June Sunday Parish Event Colleen
1st December Thursday 7pm set up hall for Christmas Fayre Colleen
2nd December Friday Set up stalls for Christmas Fayre Colleen
3rd December Saturday Christmas Fayre Colleen